Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp office jet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

i bought a hp office jet 8710 all in one printer the issue is when I scan  , the scan image Have a blue background . 

any one faced this issue , please let me know this is a issue with this unit or this product . 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Sri-

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting scan quality issue.

• Did you make a copy and check if that comes out fine?

Meanwhile:

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Update the printer firmware

Refer this HP document to update the printer firmware:- Click here

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply 

copy from scanner gives a dark band black color 

in the first line . 

Scan gives a blue background .

i have tried switching off .... and on the printer updateing the driver and firmware.... 

nothing worked , I don’t know what will be the faith of this printer  even print is overlapped ( double printing ) 

HP should with draw this model I am so annoyed 

after seeing this model , I trust the brand , but some models are not up to the mark 

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply 

may be my first reply was more confusing 

first issue 

blue back ground when scanned from 

scanner bed and scan thru ADF 

second issue 

copy from ADF or from scan bed

will get a black band in the first part of the page 

Third issue 

print from laptop / desktop / Mac / iPhone 

The print is doubled print . 

The model is full of bugs 

Trouble shouting: first update drivers 

firm ware , reinstalled cartridges. 

No no use result same . 

Then I tried the shutdown the printer and wait for 10 sec .... no use the scan nor the copy nor the print works . 

HP should with draw this model from market 

HP Recommended

@Sri-

Thanks for the reply.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with scanning, while printing is so far normal. Is there a bug for this model (pro 8710)? if so, please withdraw it from the market. My printer is a bit more than one year old (just past the warranty period)

HP Recommended

@Meglu

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen while copying too?

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

1. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Betty0610  for trying to help.

The problem is not printing related. Printing is fine. Only scanning and copying have this blue background problem.  It is the same using flatbed or ADF for these operations .  The resetting is not working, neither is the cleaning of the glass and ADF. Please help!

Meg

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found a fix for my blue background!

The dialogue box for scanning has an option labeled TYPE: 

the dropdown menu has three options: Automatic, Picture, Document

When I use Type:Automatic, the background of my scans is blue. (This just started about two months ago. I've had the printer (HP8730) for about two years and it has worked fine until recently.)

I tried using Type:Document, and the blue no longer appears.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.