Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
Other

I have used my HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 to successfully scan documents to my Google Drive. If I selected “pdf” when I scanned, the resulting file would appear in my Google Drive as a pdf document. This week, without me making any changes to the printer or to my Google Drive settings, the scanned and uploaded pdf (or jpg) documents now appear in my Google Drive in the Google Docs format when uploaded. Not desired! How can I get back to uploading a pdf and seeing a pdf in my Google Drive?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @wireless925

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the scan issue. 

Please try these steps - 

1.) From the HP Smart app, select your printer, if it is not already selected.
2.) Select a Smart Task or create a new one, and then click Edit.
3.) Scroll down, and then click Document Handling Settings.

Turning on Document Handling Settings

4.) On the Document Handling Settings screen, select your file type.

Example of the Document Handling Settings options

5.) From the HP Smart app, select your printer, click the Smart Tasks tile, and then select a Smart Task that includes an Email or Save action.

6.) Open a JPG file or start a new scan, and then run the Smart Task.

You may refer to this document - HP Printers - HP Smart: Use Smart Tasks

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Anita,

First let me say I appreciate your reply with detailed instructions.

For a week or so when I would scan a document and save it in pdf format, then upload it to my Google Drive, it would appear in Drive in the Google Docs format, not in pdf format as desired. I had made no change to my phone's app or to my printer. In the back of my mind I thought the problem might have been caused by HP, perhaps an errant software update to my printer however far-fetched that might be. So I went on this community support board and posted my problem.

Shortly thereafter, I was reading other posts on this board. I found several posts where the authors were reporting the same problem as me. I then became more convinced that the problem wasn't me or a setting on my phone or printer but something HP did that affected everyone with this printer.

So I decided to do nothing and wait for a fix from HP. Someone at HP had to notice, I thought.

Today, after reading your email but prior to implementing your suggested steps, I decided I would scan and upload a document to my Google Drive. To my surprise and delight, the file format in Drive was pdf. The problem was solved by me doing --  NOTHING. I have my fingers crossed that pdf scans and uploads will continue to work.

After receiving my post and several others describing the identical problem, do you think that some action at HP caused the problem? That is, it would be very strange that multiple people whose printers were working fine simultaneously experienced the same problem.

I can only believe that the problem was on the HP end. Your suggestions for what we do if it happens again?

HP Recommended

Hi @wireless925

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.