10-20-2019 04:51 PM
I need urgent help with this, so anyone who can help or even call me I would really appreciate it.
I currently have hp desktop along with hp printer, LaserJet MF1212nf MFP.
I previously had an app on it that one of the tech gurus at HP set up for me.
The app on my computer says scan too. I will list pictures below of whats going on.
Basically randomly the scan to app stopped working and every time I tried opening it I got a short cut error message as well.
Please see attached photos in order to see error.
My scanner doesn't seem to be working on any application after this and the odd time it does, it only scans one page out multiple.
IF anyone has anyone answers please let me know.
10-21-2019 12:04 AM
I suggest reinstalling the HP Software, it seems as the Scan To binary file is missing on your computer.
You may follow the below steps to reinstall it:
- If the printer is connected with a USB, unplug the cable at this time.
- Download and run below installer:
- Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.
- Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
- Duble-click Uninstall.exe to remove the corrupted software.
- Once completing the uninstall skip any suggested reboot.
- Double click HpSetup.exe from the same folder, be sure to select your correct pritner model.
Once completing the reinstallation, the Scan to application should work again.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂