Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the IP info, I haven't had time to do that. I turned the printer on today after putting in  agenuine black ink cartridge and now it's printing blank white pages??? This printer is absolutely the worst buy I've ever made. 90% of the time that I use it it causes problems. How can HP make a printer so rubbish?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Bard1970

Apologies for the inconvenience. Let us try these steps to resolve Black not printing issue:

Try making a standalone Black copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Make sure the protective plastic tape if any is removed from the new black ink cartridge before inserting it in the printer.

Check the estimated ink levels to check if the Black ink is getting detected by the printer.

From the home screen of the printer control panel, touch the Ink icon .

The current ink levels display. Replace any low or empty ink cartridges.

Clean the printhead

1. Make sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.

2. From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon , and then touch Tools.

3. Touch the Down Arrow , and then touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printheads, and then prints a test page.

Make sure the ink cartridges are properly vented and correctly seated

Refer to step 9 mentioned in this document.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon .

2. Touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, Thanks,

I could not find the specific link for making black copies from your second paragraph (black copy). I was however trying to print a letter so wouldn't that be just in black.

I foloweed the instructions (after first wiping the coper contact) and it prints , so thanks for your help. I never did figure out why the printer works with wifi some days and others not.

Cheers

Ian

HP Recommended

@Bard1970

To make a copy, the printer does not require the driver/software installed on MAC. By doing this we can identify if the issue is with the printer or with the print driver on MAC. Glad to know that after cleaning the ink cartridge, Black printouts are working fine now.

Regarding the Wireless issue, Try restarting the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Make sure both the devices are on the same wireless network.

Try printing.

If the issue persists, check with the Internet Service Provider if there is any firmware update available for the router.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar

The printer has been scanning okay (only scanned once in the last month) but today it will NOT scan.

"Currently unavailable."

I tried this:

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

NO difference, still doesn't work.

What I want to know is why any other device I have that's wireless can commincate INSTANTLY with my Macbook and wifi regardless or what wazs turned on first but not this totally unprofessional joke called HP "Easy"scan?

What is the fix because riught now I'm considering taking this peice of garbage down the local dump.

To add insult to injury now it's printing white pages again - it worked a few weeks ago.
HEWLETT PACKARD: TOTAL UNRELIABLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL GARBAGE -- ITS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE SINCE THE DAY I HAD THE MISFORTUNE BUYING IT.

HP Recommended

@Bard1970

Apologies for the inconvenience. To assist you better, I need additional information. I have sent you a private message. Kindly revert.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar

Tried replying but the first time I sent private message it said it had stripped out some HTML and then when I hit resent it said: you have reache3d the limit for the number of private messages??

It is literally like pulling teeth doing busines with HP....

Think I might have been able to send it just now..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.