Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3510
Chrome OS

Don't know how to install software to scan to the computer.  I don't have any software and only drive is a zip drive.  I see instructions for everything but Chrome.  Please help me locate the software.  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @bon920,

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting!

I'd like to help you learn how to scan from your HP Deskjet 3510 All-in-One printer to your Chromebook.

Because the Chrome OS on your Chromebook is a mobile operating system, you can't install the normal software and drivers that you could on a regular Windows or Mac computer.

That being said, you can scan to your Chromebook using the Webscan feature located in your printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS). Note: The printer must be setup on your network to do this.

First, you'll need your printer's IP address. You can find this by printing a Network Configuration page from your printer. Here are the steps.

• On the printer control panel press the Wireless button (), and then press the button () next to Settings.
  • Press the Down Arrow () to select Print Report, and then press OK.
  • Press OK to select Test Report. The printer prints a test page.

- Source

On the Network configuration page, you will see an IP address (or IPv4 address).

Here's the steps to scan using Webscan on your Chromebook.

1. Open your Google Chrome internet browser.

2. In the address bar, type in the printer's IP address from your config report, and press enter. The embedded web server should open.

3. Click the tab at the top that says Scan.

4. Click Webscan on the left hand side.

5. You can customize your scan settings on this page, when you are done, click Scan at the bottom.

6. Right click on the scanned image to save the document.

Here is a video with step by step instructions on using the Webscan.

Scanning with an HP All-in-One Printer Using the Embedded Web Server in Windows 8

(Note: This video is for Windows 8, but the process for using the Webscan is the same on your Chromebook)

Please respond to let me know if this worked for you!

Have a great day.

Cat Happy

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @bon920,

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting!

I'd like to help you learn how to scan from your HP Deskjet 3510 All-in-One printer to your Chromebook.

Because the Chrome OS on your Chromebook is a mobile operating system, you can't install the normal software and drivers that you could on a regular Windows or Mac computer.

That being said, you can scan to your Chromebook using the Webscan feature located in your printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS). Note: The printer must be setup on your network to do this.

First, you'll need your printer's IP address. You can find this by printing a Network Configuration page from your printer. Here are the steps.

• On the printer control panel press the Wireless button (), and then press the button () next to Settings.
  • Press the Down Arrow () to select Print Report, and then press OK.
  • Press OK to select Test Report. The printer prints a test page.

- Source

On the Network configuration page, you will see an IP address (or IPv4 address).

Here's the steps to scan using Webscan on your Chromebook.

1. Open your Google Chrome internet browser.

2. In the address bar, type in the printer's IP address from your config report, and press enter. The embedded web server should open.

3. Click the tab at the top that says Scan.

4. Click Webscan on the left hand side.

5. You can customize your scan settings on this page, when you are done, click Scan at the bottom.

6. Right click on the scanned image to save the document.

Here is a video with step by step instructions on using the Webscan.

Scanning with an HP All-in-One Printer Using the Embedded Web Server in Windows 8

(Note: This video is for Windows 8, but the process for using the Webscan is the same on your Chromebook)

Please respond to let me know if this worked for you!

Have a great day.

Cat Happy

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Not sure if you have found the answer to your question regarding Scanning and Printing to Chromebook.

However, here's a video that shows you step by step how to do that.

Scanning from Chromebook

https://goo.gl/fH4F1R

Printing from Chromebook

https://goo.gl/YaZbuk

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Kudos Thumbs up” if this has helped you and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.