Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Im following the instructions

To turn on Webscan, from the Settings tab, click Security, click Administrator Settings, select Enable for Webscan, and then click Appl

Then I get

Redirecting to Secure Page
You are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled version of this page.

Note: The web browser might display a message about the security certificate or connection being invalid. If so, follow the instructions to accept the certificate or connection.

Do not show this message again

I click ok then get

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from  ( my ip addy ) (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy Policy

Then takes me back to settings

So what am I doing wrong please ??
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @Wesley55 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are trying to scan using your Chromebook. The page that you are trying to access using the printer IP address is simply the printer EWS page. It is a completely secure page. Look for an option which says to "continue to the web page anyway" then use that option and check. 

If not, try using a different browser to access the printer EWS page.

Alternatively, here are the steps to perform a web scan if you need it again:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Click the tab at the top that says Scan.
  • Click Webscan on the left-hand side.
  • Customize your scan settings on this page, when you are done, click Scan at the bottom.
  • Right-click on the scanned image to save the document.

Also, check http://hp.care/2epxl80 for a YouTube video for the same.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.