Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

have a proble with a scanner/printer error:

Scanner communication cannot be established. Ensure your product is powered on, check the connection, and ensure your networkis functioning properly. If these conditions are correct, restart the product and try scanning again.

If you installed this printer by IP address, then you might need to update the UP address. Use the Update IP Address item in the Start menue entry for this printer.

If you are running firewall software, it may be blocking scan communication. Please visit .... to congigure your firewall.

Has anyone seen this before?

What did you do to resolve this?

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

This error was due to an IP conflict where another device had the same ip address.

HP Recommended

How did you resolve this? i've got the same.

HP Recommended

Downloaded and ran the HP diagnostic utility... sorted me right out, thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

i also have same problem ,any solution

HP Recommended

Read the first part of the first post as solutions to a scanner not being reachable.

edited for readability....

-------------------

Have a proble(m) with a scanner/printer error?

"Scanner communication cannot be established."

Ensure your product is:

• powered on,
  • check the connection, and
  • ensure your networkis functioning properly.

If these conditions are correct, restart the product and try scanning again.

If you installed this printer by IP address, then you might need to update the UP address. Use the Update IP Address item in the Start menue entry for this printer.

If you are running firewall software, it may be blocking scan communication. Please visit .... to congigure your firewall.

~~~~~

Has anyone seen this before?

What did you do to resolve this?

Thank you.

---------------------

From the reply posts, this worked for several.

My scanner is unreachable too, but the problem is a the Solution Center won't install.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem with my scanner

my device is hp 2050 a all in one

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and tried all the recommendations above though my 2050A all-in-one device scanning function isn't working at all.

HP Recommended

Hello everyone

The Original Poster and the second poster stated they ran the HP Diagnostic Utility and it resolved their problem. You can find the HP Print and Scan Doctor at the link below. If you need further help though let me know what happens.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

My problem is that when I run the print/scan doctor, it shows my printer, but it shows the wrong IP address.  When I go to the printer and go to setup and check the IP address, it is 192.168.2.2.  My laptop thinks the IP address is 192.168.2.5. 

How do I tell my laptop to go out and re-verify the printer's IP address?  Since I am (by default) using dynamica IP addresses, every time I reboot, power printer up and down, I may get a different IP address (the last digit changes.) 

So, how do I tell my laptop/hp software on my laptop to check the printer's IP address?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.