Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Pro MFP M25
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I've reinstalled the printer by first uninstalling it, then using the DVD that came with it, to reinstall. Printing a test page works perfectly via my home wifi connection (which the install routine set up).

I've downloaded the Scan Doctor, which I found elsewhere in the HP site and run that, but the scan still gets the "Scanner Unreachable" error.

I've gone into Windows Firewall and added HP Scan to the allowed programs and still get the error. Below is a screen capture of the error.

Any ideas where to look next?

Thank you in anticipation.scan1.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have now uninstalled everything again and then done a factory reset on the printer and then reinstalled the printer. Even with a USB cable connected, when I click on the HP Scan short cut, I still get the same error.

Is it time to take the printer back and get a full refund?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.