Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner creates documents upside down

Laser Jet Pro MFP M148dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have just received this newly purchased printer/copier/scanner. The instruction sheets were not complete as the English version (at least) for initial setup steps 31. and 3.2 were missing and in setting up the wifi connection there was no 'Wireless set wizard' anywhere in the menu. However, the printer and copier now work as expected, but the scanner is a complete pain. No matter how the document is put on the scanner plate, the document is upside down when saved as a pdf. Therefore, in Acrobat, the document is upside down - and nobody reads that way! I cannot find a way to get the scanner to scan then save the documents the right way up. Does anyone know how to achieve this? I hope so and look forward to hearing how!

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
23,956 22,312 1,913 7,033
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@IanMSpence 

I found a reference to this sort of thing happening - different OS (Windows) and different laser printer, too.

However, the "fix" was interesting in that the user eventually found a setting way down in the print settings that was instructing the printer to print at 180 degrees.

How does that help with Mac OS?  Not sure that it does help - the print driver settings may - or may not - follow any kind of "a bit of the same thing" across the Operating System differences.   It might be worth checking every single print setting you can find in every menu. 

Reference Article

HP LaserJet Pro m402dn...prints "upside down"

Need or want more information?  Search for additional solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148dw

User Guide > Chapter 6 - Scan - starting on page 71

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
IanMSpence Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur

I continued to investigate after posting my query. I found that using File, Save from the menu did not work. However, the button called 'Send' had an option 'Send to file' which did save scans as pdf files the correct way up! At first I had not thought that 'Send' and 'Save' were similar functions... Anyway, I tested this method with scanning few documents and it kept working. I hope, and think, it will work when I do my next bout of scanning.

Many thanks for your suggestions! 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
23,956 22,312 1,913 7,033
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@IanMSpence 

OK - good to know you found a method of saving PDF files that orient correctly.

Thanks for posting back.

For those reading, for MacOS in the How-to > Category Scan

How to Scan (Mac)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation