Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all,

as you can see in the image attached, every document i scan has a blue background. (if i make a direct copy i have no problem).

2019-06-06_175324.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@macmenti

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Which application are you using to scan?
  • Do you have the same issue while scanning from both Automatic Document Feeder and Flatbed glass?

Step 1: Run the HP Diagnostic tool

Click here to download HP Print and Scan Doctor. Once downloaded, run the file and click on Fix Scanning.

Step 2: Scan from MS Paint to check if the issue remains.

Click on the Windows logo on your PC, search for 'paint' > File > From Scanner or camera > Select your printer and Scan.

keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is HP Print and Scan Doctor only for Windows? Is there a Mac version?

HP Recommended

@RickLC

HP Print and Scan Doctor is designed only for Windows 8 and above.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I found a fix for my blue background!

The dialogue box for scanning has an option labeled TYPE: 

the dropdown menu has three options: Automatic, Picture, Document

When I use Type:Automatic, the background of my scans is blue. (This just started about two months ago. I've had the printer (HP8730) for about two years and it has worked fine until recently.)

I tried using Type:Document, and the blue no longer appears.

HP Recommended

@RickLC

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.