Babylon-search
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner function

HP deskjet 3752
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Deskjet 3752.  When trying to scan the input feed tray does not have a tray.  Second it feeds from the bottom to the top which means you have to hold the document.  Why not let it sit in the feed tray at the top and gravity can hold the document.

A simple Fix of making the scanner feed from top to bottom just like the printer paper feeds from top to bottom.

More simply make the rollers move clockwise instead of counter clock wise.

Is there a reason that you have to be on the desktop to request the scanner to work.  Control of the printer should be able to be initiated from the printer itself.

I love the small design of the 3752.  I don't believe that we to lose conveniences to accommadate. 

Has anyone come up with a viable solutionScanner image 1.jpgCurrent direction of paper feed into scannerScanner image 2.jpgJerry-rig to hold paper to run back to CPU to start scanning

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 362
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner function

@Babylon-search 

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're in need of support, I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, I've confirmed with the R&D team about your concern and this printer by design loads paper the same way you've been doing it, there's no other way of getting this done.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted,

Cheers!

(Edited)

0 Kudos
Babylon-search
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner function

I have the Deskjet 3752 model.  Your sample is not the same.  For step 4 my printer does not have the " output feed tray extender."  Moreover, that does not address the scanner.  I do not have any issues with regular printing.

If you take a look at the image I have provided it shows where the paper has to go in.  Notice how I have an air can holding the paper up so that it will feed into scanner going in backwards or opposite of the standard print direction.

Look forward to your response

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3 Desk10
Level 3
28 27 3 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner function

Hello Babylon-search,

I find you very creative! :clap:

Anyway I just like to share my personal experience. Initially I had similar experience. After fiddling a while, I find you just need to exert a little more force to push in the original target into the scanner until you find the scanner grabs the paper. Once the scanner grabs and holds the paper, it will not fall. You will not need to run to next room to initiate the scan job.

Try a few more times and you will get a feel of it. Hope this helps!

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with “Accept as Solution”; if it solves your issue.
****Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up”; at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping

~Desk 10
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation