cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Scanner issues

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500 E ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having trouble scanning using my wireless connection. I can print fine and have a strong internet connection. I've been having issues for a while. Was able to scan fine before Windows 10 update last year.  While using HP Smart it's saying Scan is unavailable, try Import or Camera instead.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
255 259 23 109
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @MsMac530 ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

First download only this complete package: "HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories " and "HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update ".

Install the new FW. Recommendation: The new FW should be done via a USB connection.

If the scanner problem is still present, then the HP software must be completely uninstalled and removed of the system, "Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) ".

The computer should be rebooted after the uninstallation.

Now this SW: EN4500_198.exe can be installed.

More information about SW installations can be found here: How to .

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.
Requests via Private Messages (PM) cannot be answered.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation