11-27-2019 05:35 AM
My scanner is producing coloured vertical lines over the whole document. Any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-29-2019 12:26 PM
@ellbee27, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Try making a standalone copy and check if the issue persists. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Do you have the same issue while printing?
For now, let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, perform the steps mentioned in this document under 'Lines or color bands in copies'.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee