Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet G3110
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

I am trying to use the HP Scanjet G3110 on Apple ImageReady and ideally Photoshop CS3 on OSX 10.7 Lion on a 2012ish iMac. 

The scanner has power direct into wall outlet and is also connected to a usb slot on the back of the imac.

I installed drivers for OSX 10.6 and the update to use on OSX10.7

Then Imageready starts. The name of the scanner shows up in side bar.

The scanner warms up very slowly, then clicks and the message "scanner not available" appears.

In Print & Scan HP Scanjet G3110 appears in the list of devices.

When I click Open Scanner the time graphic keeps animating.

After this, at some point the scanner disappeared from available devices in ImageReady.  It still displays in Print & Scan in System Preferences but it doesn't show up in Apple Imageready. I can't get info from Open Scanner in System Preferences or from ImageReady but the computer says, "Yeah, you have that thing you installed, it just is not available."  It warms up and clicks but won't scan or communicate with the computer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.