Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just had a new HP Computer,  had my previous HP Envy 4500 installed correctly , worked fine on my old computer, everything is ok except for the scanner. I am a non techie person.

If I scan from the printer to the computer going >scan>desktop>photo jpg>start scan the scan comes thru to the computer in segments. I want just full page scans everytime.

This is what I had on my old computer and was happy enough.

Doing the same operation using the computer to access the scanner the result is the same. 

How do i find the adjustment to stop this sectional scanning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Scanner-Al-99

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted.

There are a few things you can do to fix this issue, and before we get to it, I needed to know if you've printed a test page and check if that helps identify the issue?

While you check that out, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Confirm the issue is not printing-related

The steps in this document resolve quality issues when scanning only.

If quality issues occur when printing from the computer, do not continue with these steps. Go to HP Customer Support, type your printer model number if necessary, then search for print quality to find the Fixing Poor Print Quality document for steps to resolve the issue.

If quality issues occur when scanning, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Read one of the following sections for steps to clean these components, depending on your printer type.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Also try, Print and scan at the top of page > Click Scan Document or planner at bottom of that page, 
Go to.'advanced settings'on the right side and uncheck the auto crop box.

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off, in case you don't respond in the next 24-48hrs,

As I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Scanner-Al-99

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted.

There are a few things you can do to fix this issue, and before we get to it, I needed to know if you've printed a test page and check if that helps identify the issue?

While you check that out, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Confirm the issue is not printing-related

The steps in this document resolve quality issues when scanning only.

If quality issues occur when printing from the computer, do not continue with these steps. Go to HP Customer Support, type your printer model number if necessary, then search for print quality to find the Fixing Poor Print Quality document for steps to resolve the issue.

If quality issues occur when scanning, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Read one of the following sections for steps to clean these components, depending on your printer type.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Also try, Print and scan at the top of page > Click Scan Document or planner at bottom of that page, 
Go to.'advanced settings'on the right side and uncheck the auto crop box.

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off, in case you don't respond in the next 24-48hrs,

As I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help.
My printer scanner= Envy5500 Network model.
No printing problems
Followed your insructions still same problem .

Used HP Assisant thinking must be a default setting .
Clicked Print and scan at top of page,
Clicked Scan Document or planner at bottom of that page.
Went to.'advaced settings'on right hand side and noticed auto crop box was ticked, so tried unchecking that and hey presto I can now scan from my Printer to Computer and full page scans result.
Now everything back to before.

Told you I was just a technology novice.

Thanks for your time , now resolved and you neednot lose any sleep over it.
Al
HP Recommended

@Scanner-Al-99,

I reviewed the post. it is great to have you back. I understand that the issue is resolved following the steps. I am glad to hear that. As @Riddle_Decipher is out for the day, I am responding here. 

As the steps helped, Please mark his spot as an accepted solution for several others with the same issue to benefit and give his post a Kudos for his efforts to help.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.