Highlighted
4 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Scanner problems

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was scanning fine today until I did a 1200 resolution for a required document.  Then everything pretty much got "jammed" with respect to scanning.   Printer works fine.   

I have run the Fix Doctor which tell me everything is fine with my scanning.  It runs device check, WIA scan, etc  but it will not allow a "test scan". 

I cannot open the Scan Dialog at all on the HP Envy 5660 series  software although everything else works. The Print Dialog works fine.    When I try to scan, I receive message that scanner is already in use.  i DO NOT have anything scanning.  I have disconnected and reconnected to no avail.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
227 231 23 109
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @bobbin50 ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try this proposed solution: 'Another program has control of the scanner' Message Displays 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.
Requests via Private Messages (PM) cannot be answered.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Andreas for your suggestion.  Nothing worked until I did a complete shut down (not restart) of  the computer and  also unplugged the HPEnvy5660 for 20 minutes.   I first rebooted.   After reboot was totally complete, I connected printer again.  Now everything appears to be working fine!     

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
227 231 23 109
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your replay.

It's nice to read that everything is working fine.

Regards
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.
Requests via Private Messages (PM) cannot be answered.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation