02-21-2020 08:12 AM
Hi HP peeps,
I just bought a branc new ENVY 5020 with the main aim to use the scanner, but having issues from day one sadly.
Have been trying a few pages from magazines and am getting these horizontal lines on some of the pages. What could cause this? The original is totally clear, line-free.
Here is a s/s of my settings also. Have tried playing around with the options (compression/document etc) but can't see how this makes any difference. Any advice on this would also be useful. One thing: the 'source' box is unclickable also.
Many thanks in advance for any ideas
02-24-2020 10:57 AM
@WellHung, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I understand you have issues with your scanner. Follow the steps below-
Reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Update the printer firmware-
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Also, refer to the document Resolving Copy Problems for additional help. If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.
Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee