1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Scanner stopped working

Officejet 6700
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The scanner on my Officejet 6700 stopped working after I upgraded to Mac OS 15.  I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the HP website, and restarted both the printer and computer multiple times. The printer works but the scanner does not. I get a scanner error, and the scanner does not appear to be communicating with the computer. I have tried both the scanning utility included with the software the the HP EasyScan software. 

2 REPLIES 2
Buddyboy2018
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Scanner stopped working

I had the same problem did everything you did and called Apple. They referred me to their own Scanning tool in Apple preference, which was not very good. I down loaded HP Smart App, its better but not as good as the useful scanner settings. I hope HP intends to send out an upgrade patch. If not this will be the last HP I buy. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,681 4,666 361 378
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Scanner stopped working

@jamcclure, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused. I would recommend you to go through a similar post that speaks about the scanning issues after Mac OS update.

Also, try using the HP Smart App to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation