Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp 7525 Photo Smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Is there a way to scan longer documents than the preset Automatic Feed settings? I am trying to scan Auto Sales Agreements and Bills of Sale and the scanner stops and forces the remainder of the ducment through while giving a misfeed error. The document is much longer than legal size. 

Thanks for any information 

Dan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@acousticman9119

Its specs only syas scan from glass area and max is A4 but please tey

1.  Click on the icon on desktop to launch the software;

2. Click on Scan to open the scan dialog, a new window opens.  

3.  Click on Document to File;  

4.  Go to the bottom-most drop down selection box and choose Automatic Document Feeder;  

5.  Go back up to the top-most drop down box named Scan Size, and choose Legal (8.5 x 14 inches);  

6.  Click on Scan.   After the scan is finished, save your file when prompted.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@acousticman9119

Its specs only syas scan from glass area and max is A4 but please tey

1.  Click on the icon on desktop to launch the software;

2. Click on Scan to open the scan dialog, a new window opens.  

3.  Click on Document to File;  

4.  Go to the bottom-most drop down selection box and choose Automatic Document Feeder;  

5.  Go back up to the top-most drop down box named Scan Size, and choose Legal (8.5 x 14 inches);  

6.  Click on Scan.   After the scan is finished, save your file when prompted.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information, I was trying to scan a 28" document. I finally found the max settings, so my work around was to scan as one document on the glass and adjust to continue the document. It worked well enough. 

Thanks again;

Dan 

HP Recommended

Is there a work around to scan documents longer than 14" on a Office Jet 250 mobile

HP Recommended

A few years ago I see where acousticman9119 Dan was able to scan a document 8.5" x 28". The setup only goes up to 14 and wanted to find out if he would be able to address how. Or, if anyone else has a way to do that. If using a document top loader out to be able to scan any length. Anyone have an idea. HP 8620

HP Recommended

If I remember correctly, I scanned on the glass in sections setting the scan options to make one document. It is similar to scanning multiple pages into one file but using the flatbed not the feeder. I would have to try to recreate it to get the exact steps but I did get the document into one file at least, as I remember.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.