cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Scanning Slanted

HP Recommended
HP Envoy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

When scanning using the glass or the feeder my scans come out very slightly slanted. This looks unprofessional and I have no idea how to fix it. I typically am scanning signed letter sized doucments at a high resolution, and I don't know why the come out just a little off. Any suggestions would greatly help, as I cannot submit documents like this. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
386 384 16 76
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI SF860,

Scanning from the feeder can result in slightly skewed documents if the feeder doesn't quite pull the page in straight.   There is a feature in the scanning software called "Straighten Content" that should help correct this.   You can find this by going into your detailed scan shortcut settings, choosing the Document tab, and checking the box for "Straighten Content".   This will correct future scans done using this shortcut

auto-straighten.JPG

There is also a manual rotate feature that can be used to adjust the scanned images if"Straighten Content" doesn't correct the skew.   In the preview screen after scanning, go into detailed adjustments, and select Manage Images.   There is a straighten tool that will allow you to do small angle rotations to correct the skew.

manual straighten.JPG

Hope this helps!

#HPExpertDay

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
Highlighted
Level 1
Level 1
8 8 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may use the width adjuster on the document feeder (ADF) to center the paper. Try again and see if this improve the skew.

I am HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
48 48 1 3
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SF860,

Would you able to align the scan paper to the front right try close the lid slowly before doing scan.

Will there be any improvement?

Best Regards,

MigHty_Prime

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation