Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envoy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

When scanning using the glass or the feeder my scans come out very slightly slanted. This looks unprofessional and I have no idea how to fix it. I typically am scanning signed letter sized doucments at a high resolution, and I don't know why the come out just a little off. Any suggestions would greatly help, as I cannot submit documents like this. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI SF860,

Scanning from the feeder can result in slightly skewed documents if the feeder doesn't quite pull the page in straight.   There is a feature in the scanning software called "Straighten Content" that should help correct this.   You can find this by going into your detailed scan shortcut settings, choosing the Document tab, and checking the box for "Straighten Content".   This will correct future scans done using this shortcut

auto-straighten.JPG

There is also a manual rotate feature that can be used to adjust the scanned images if"Straighten Content" doesn't correct the skew.   In the preview screen after scanning, go into detailed adjustments, and select Manage Images.   There is a straighten tool that will allow you to do small angle rotations to correct the skew.

manual straighten.JPG

Hope this helps!

#HPExpertDay

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may use the width adjuster on the document feeder (ADF) to center the paper. Try again and see if this improve the skew.

I am HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

Hi SF860,

Would you able to align the scan paper to the front right try close the lid slowly before doing scan.

Will there be any improvement?

Best Regards,

MigHty_Prime

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.