12-04-2019 05:30 PM
Every time I try to scan something to my computer and error screen pops up and says “general error”. Does anyone know how to fix this?
12-07-2019 05:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "General Error".
To better assist you -
1) Are you experiencing this issue while copying or printing as well?
2) What's the exact model name of the printer?
3) What's the operating system installed on the computer?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee