10-16-2020 10:04 AM
I have a Color Laser jet pro MFP M277dw. I use the app scanner a lot and recently did a windows 10 update. I have now lost the use of the App scanner. When i try I get a notice; 'The service may be busy. Retry later. If problem continues check for Firmware updates' I have done this multiple times, even re-installed drivers, did several trouble shoots and tried the Scan Dr, with no resolution. Can some one please help me figure out what's the issue is?
10-19-2020 06:31 PM
I don't know. I am not very knowledgeable but ever since I updated to Windows 10 I been having all sorts of problems. I'm having trouble getting all the current Window updates and after I recently downloaded an update and seems to be about the same time my scanning issue began. I've gone on HP website and tried to download firmware updates, but that did not solve the issue. I've tried the HP Support assistant and HP print Dr. that hasn't worked. Can you walk me through some steps maybe? I'd be most grateful
10-20-2020 04:25 PM
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
10-20-2020 06:06 PM
I just wanted to tell you that I seem to have fixed my scanning issue. I was searching for Windows 10 issues with HP's and found a download, so did it and it has appeared to resolve my issue. I just wanted to thank you for responding to help me. Hope you have a wonderful evening and stay well 🙂
10-20-2020 06:09 PM
I just was your response and I did actually try that several days ago and it not resolve the issue. I think the issue is and has been with WDW 10 updates. But thank you SO much. It's great to know that HP actually has real live people on the other end to help people like me. 🙂