Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello team,

Scanning with HP LaserJet Pro M1217 MFP in PDF generates a corrupted file (26-100MB for 1 page) in Black and white, or a file with incorrect colors (blue becomes red, etc.) when I select color scanning.

I use a MacBook Air running macOS Catalina, with latest updates, and use both the native MacOS firmware to scan via AirPrint and the HP driver version 1.8. Same results. 

The printer firmware is up-to-date:   20180302.

Thanks for your help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Jean100, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• Which format are you trying to scan as?
  • Have you tried using the Image Capture Application to scan?
  • What happens when you make photocopies on the printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602, thanks for your message.

Here are the answers:

- I am trying to scan in PDF format (single or multi pages, same issue)

- Yes, I have used the Image Capture Application to scan

- Photocopies are working well

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

@Jean100

I will check on this and get back to you!

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jean100

Thanks for waiting!

We only have a print driver and no scan driver available for 10.15.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m1217nfw-multifunction-printer-seri...

The last scanner driver listed is for 10.7.

Since your printer is AirPrint compatible, I'd suggest you uninstall the HP drivers and add the printer using AirPrint drivers. Refer to the document HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac) for help.

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list. Ensure you select the printer with kind Bonjour Multifunction.

Try to scan.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

2 points:

- The issue is the same, with native macOS Airplay AND with HP Driver (1.8) for MacOS. And I tried with 2 different Macbook, Catalina and High Sierra. Same issues.

- I can not uninstall HP Driver, as there is no "HP" folder in the Applications folder.

Thanks for your help

Jean

HP Recommended

@Jean100

This requires remote assistance.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.