Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

getting this error message 

(com.apple.imagecapture error 4294967249.)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@THM2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Did you make any changes in the Apple Image capture app?

If you changed the location in Import To, check the permission privilege of that folder with get info in Finder. Make sure the current user have read/ write privilege.

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how. Once updated, reboot the MAC and perform the below steps.

1. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access.
  2. Click the "Lock" button to make changes
  3. Click the "+" button to choose Image Capture.app or drag it to the table on the right.
  4. Run Image Capture again, it will work.

Try scanning from Apple Image Capture again.

Alternatively, use HP Easy Scan to scan

Refer to this document to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Followed the steps, image capture works but not HP easy scan. Also does not scan from printer touch screen manual input to Mac...

With HP easy scan i used to be able to scan a few pages and print them in the same PDF file. Can't do that with Image Capture...

This error started since the last iOS update.

Also having issues with Mail search results. Synchronised all accounts, worked for a day and back to not working anymore...

HP Recommended

@Ced246, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you want to scan to computer from the printer. Is scan to computer enabled on your computer?

Download the HP Utility for Mac from here.

Try following the steps below-

Open the HP Utility Folder and go to Scan to Computer

Try Scanning.

Let me know the outcome.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes it is enabled and yes i have downloaded and installed HP Utility.

Scanning only works with image capture from Mac but not with HP easy scan which is annoying...

I tried deleting the printer and reinstalling, deleting HP scan and reinstalling, deleting HP Utility and reinstalling. Nothing worked.

I've even disabled the firewall to try again but no...

HP Recommended

@Ced246

Which version of macOS are you using?

If you have macOS 10.15 Catalina, HP Easy Scan may not work as it is not yet compatible with this version of macOS.

Refer to this document for more info.

HP is working with Apple to release a compatible version soon. Until then, kindly use Apple Image capture to scan.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes i do have the iOS 10.15.1

When is HP's update for it coming up then?

HP Recommended

@THM2

As of now we do not have any updates.

HP and Apple are working towards resolving this issue 

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please I need to scan documents and the printer is NOT working with the new MacOs soft. Can you please tell me some app alternative or how to make it? 

HP Recommended

Hi @DIEGOA

HP Easy Scan is currently not fully compatible with macOS Catalina and we'd suggest you use the image capture. We're actively working to restore complete functionality. You may refer to this document for more information - - HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.