Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

id not help

HP Recommended

Yes, this works for me.  Good work-around!

HP Recommended

This is LITERALLY a bug in their software, and they still haven't fixed it.  HP makes some good printers, but their software is whack.  I've been buying their printers for the past 20 years, and it's always been this way.

HP Recommended

I also have this problem trying to scan with HP Smart.  Only started happening in the past week.  Has anyone found a permanent solution?  I've tried all of the recommendations above, but still get the same issue.  If I try to revert back to the full software, then double-sided scans end up with every other page being upside-down

HP Recommended

And they want to charge me $19 for paid support to fix it because my printer is off warranty. I explained to them that this is not a printer issues, but a software issues and got nowhere!

HP Recommended

It looks like HP have broken the 'HP Smart' Windows Metro App with the introduction of the new 'Smart Tasks'.

I've managed to fix this by simply enabling 'Smart Tasks' even though I do not intend on using them.

After you start the app, you see a few options at the bottom of the window:

SCAN - PRINT DOCUMENTS - PRINT PHOTOS - PRINTER SETTINGS

I selected 'PRINTER SETTINGS' and there was an option in the left menu:

Services -> Smart Tasks

Select 'Smart Tasks' and then click the enable button, this seems to add the option to the Home Screen:

SMART TASKS - SCAN - PRINT DOCUMENTS - PRINT PHOTOS - PRINTER SETTINGS

After this, the scanner starts to scan properly and no error is received.

Hope that helps.

D.

@HP - Please test software before releasing it to users - This is most unprofessional and embarrassing.

I've already had to find an alternative printer driver for the ENVY 5546 as your latest GA release stops printing in colour - Just Google it!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem which started only a few days ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer to no avail. And the computer always freezes after the error message and has to be restarted.

HP Recommended

Don't press either button - just hit save, or any other button (even though they look inactive).  It works. 

Nothing else seems to work.  The error message itself is a bug.

HP Recommended

Hi! Yes thanks this worked for one page scans but doesn't work for more than one page because the "add page" button remains inactive.

HP Recommended

Ouch - yeah - they need to fix this nonsense.  I admittedly didn't try that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.