Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer/Scanner
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I used to be able to just lift the printer/scanner lid, place paper or book or anything on the glass, close lid, press Scan, all the way to my computer, and it would just scan it in. The scanned document (PDF or JPEG) would then appear on my computer. But now, it has stopped working. I even downloaded and installed the latest software and driver. Instead, it now waits a minute or two, then complain of a communications error when this is not true. I have no trouble clicking Scan from my computer if I wanted to. But the problem is that the printer/scanner is shared by everybody in my family, and is on the 2nd floor. I work on the top 3rd floor so can't easily click a button on my computer. I think something must have changed on my printer/scanner, like installed something I didn't want or ask for. The only way that this would work is if I placed the paper in the document feeder. But this is not always what I want - e.g. irregular stapled paper document, book.

Please can you fix this asap?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@alteh, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which application are you using to scan?

If you are using HP Easy Scan, it is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. Refer to this document for more info.

HP is working with Apple to release an updated version for macOS 10.15.

You may use Apple Image Capture until an updated version of HP Easy Scan is released.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.