Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased a new HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 to replace my HP 8600. The 8600 had scanning software that allowed setting custom sizes for pages to be scanned, thereby limiting the amount of cleanup work necessary after. The software (from online) for my 9018 does not. HP support says it will not.  Is there a generic, universal printer software that will support HP printers and do what I want done? In "the old days" third party (shareware) printer utilities (that worked with almost ANY printer) were very common. Are there any out there for HP 9018, or do I need to return the printer to the store? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.  dogear

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dogear 

Interesting - I was not aware that the Full Solution Software (full driver) option is not available in the EasyStart installation for this printer.

For those reading:

This printer provides the HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software to install printer software for the printer.

In General

• Download and Save the printer software installation file to your computer
  • Open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the Full Feature Software or HP Easy Start Printer Setup (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator”

NOTES

1. If you use the EasyStart method, select the Full Feature Software (full driver) when (and if) the option is presented. The name of the “full driver” might vary by printer model.  For example, the software might be called “Full Solution Software”.
  2. After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

@ShlomiL 

Words of Wisdom? 

Any idea why this printer in the 9010 series does not support HP Scan (full driver) printer software?

Seems odd.  

HP Smart "kind of" (seems to) do some form of "custom" scan, though I must be missing something.  For example, "detect edges" does not seem to actually "detect" boundaries in preview or scanned items.  Still poking at it.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

A Full Feature Software and driver is absolutely available for this printer, including the HP Scan software.

Follow HP Easy Start and be sure to select the HP Full Feature Software, not the HP Smart option which is the recommended  one:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPEasyStart_10_5_4216_12.exe

Once completing the installation wizard, open the HP Officejet Pro 9010 software, select Scan and then click on Scan a document or photo

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

Excellent.  I could not pull the EasyStart apart enough to be sure.

Makes sense, after all.

Smiling.

Thanks!

@dogear 

Do select the Full Driver when you see an option to do so during the EasyStart installation procedure.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.