Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

I am trying to scan to my chrome book using my HP DeskJet3720 printer.  I have discovered that you need to use the EWS function, clicking on Scan and Webscan.  After clicking on Webscan, I am advised that the function has been disabled.  When following the instructions to amend settings I keep getting a privacy error message ' Your connection is not private'  and can not change or move forward.  Can anyone help please ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gaileywoo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You are on the right page. When you get the notification "Your connection is not private", click on advanced at the left bottom corner of this message and click on proceed to this website.

This is as per the design so that the users who are not aware of what they are doing, do not enter the EWS page of the printer.

1. On the printer homepage, click Scan in the top menu.
  2. Webscan error displays on the printer homepage

3. Click Settings in the top menu, click Security and then click Administrator Settings.

A message displays that you are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled page. Click OK or Redirect to HTTPS.

4. If a Your connection is not private message displays, click Advanced, and then click Proceed to [Printer IP address].

5. In the Administrator Settings, locate and select the box next to Webscan or Webscan from EWS, click Apply, and then click OK.

6. Return to the Scan menu, select the scan preferences, click Start Scan, and then follow the instructions to save the scan.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.