Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning to TIF file on Photosmart C4600

Photosmart C4600 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

In the advanced Picture Settings, I have selected the options Scan multiple photos to individual files. I usually just do one photo at a time anytime, but when I scan as jpg and choose Done or Scan at the end of each image. If I choose Scan, I keep scanning other images and when I'm done I have multiple jpg files. When I scan as TIF if I scan more than one pic, they end up in one file. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,734 3,683 188 147
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gwsarchivist

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Unfortunately, you cannot save JPEG scans as one file. You can do it using PDF.

Multi-page JPEG scans save as separate files.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
gwsarchivist Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm interested in saving as separate files. I know jpegs can save as separate files, but I can't get TIF to save separately. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,484 2,295 165 185
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gwsarchivist

You will be able to scan the files in TIF format and save it individually. Let us follow these steps: 

• Open the HP Scanning application > Scan a document > Under Scan shortcuts, select Everyday Scan(left pane, bottom option)
  • Now towards the right-hand side, select Destination File type to be TIF
  • Click on More at the right top corner (highlighted in blue)
  • Go to Destination > Click on File type > Check the box for 'Seperate file for each scanned page' > OK > Scan

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation