Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7525
Other

Just recently upgraded to MacOS Sierra (MacOS 10.12).  Since then, my HP Photosmart 7525 will no longer allow me to save scans to the computer.  The Save button is grayed out and unable to be clicked.  It will copy, print, and will scan the documents, I just can no longer save them to my computer.

When I go into the HP Utility>Settings>Scan Settings>Scan to Computer, the software scans my system, then gives me an error message that says,

"Scan to Computer Cannot Be Enabled  

The HP software required for Scan to Computer could not be located on this computer. Please download and install the latest HP recommended software for your device from http://www.hp.com/support, and then try again."

I completely uninstalled the old driver software (which HP says should work on any Mac OS after 10.6) and reinstalled the latest drivers which it says is compatible for 10.11 and later.  I still get the same response.  Printer will print, will copy, will scan, but not save to the computer.

Yes, I have already restarted one device at a time, and yes, I unplugged and replugged every device in separately.

What can I try next...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey There.

EASY SCAN can be installed, use 1.6.0 - works fine with SIERRA.

Regards.

View solution in original post

200 REPLIES 200
HP Recommended

Hi Brandon,

Here are a couple of options you might try.  In both cases, you'll need to have the latest software for your device from support.hp.com installed on your Mac as this will provide the HP scanner driver.

* Can you scan and save with Apple's "Image Capture" (located in the Applications folder)?  This application takes advantage of HP's scan driver and offers similar functionality to HP's solution in most cases.

* HP Easy Scan is a relatively new scan application from HP that is intended to work with both old and new HP scanners.  You can download this application from the Mac App Store ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-easy-scan/id967004861?mt=12# )

Hope this helps,

FretnBoutNutn
HP Recommended

Hi There,

same Problem here plus EASY SCAN cannot be installed unter OS X SIERRA.

Waiting for an update of the HP printer software.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hey There.

EASY SCAN can be installed, use 1.6.0 - works fine with SIERRA.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Thank you both for your response.  

I had looked up and seen Easy Scan in the App Store, but to be honest, was put off by the large number of negative reviews the software received.  However, it downloaded and within minutes I was able to use it to start scanning and saving docs to my computer.  Easy Scan definitely saved the day for me.

Thanks to you guys in the white hats, once again!!

HP Recommended

Same issue for me.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I've tried reinstalling driver, checking that OfficeJet Pro 8610 is supported, deletinging and reinstalling HP Easy Scan, using system preferences, and Image Capture.

All I can get is scanner reported and error. An error occurred while communicating with tthe scanner. Systems preferences includes a code (-9923)

Of course, have done multiple restarts of both systems.

HP Recommended

The two suggestions that I see are work arounds; it does work to use HP Easy Scan but you need to initiate the activity from your computer not from the 8610 menu.  I would like to be able to initiate scan from the menu on the 8610, not my computer.

I continue to get the message described in detail above even after reloading the latest software this morning at 8:30 AM, Tuesday, 9/27/16.  Obviously this is a problem that HP has not addressed regarding installed Sierra.

I do not know how to bring it to their attention other than through this medium.

HP Recommended

I've deleted and reloaded everything except the printer firmware. Easy Print doesn't work, can't initiate scan from printer (though I care less about that), but I find I can do a webscan from EWS, so I can live with it. I don't know haw to get HP's attention either.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Photosmart 6525. Is Easy Scan also the solution here?

best regards,

Guy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.