Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Easyscan is nice as a workaround, but it does not solve the actual issue; Scan to Computer (from the front panel of the scanner) does requires additional software and it appears that HP has not yet addresed macOS Sierra. I am using an HP ENVY 7640 and started having this issue as soon as I upgraded to the beta release of macOS Sierra about  amonth back.

When does HP plan to resolve this?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with our Officejet 6600.  We can still print fine, but no more scanning after upgrading to MacOS Sierra.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Scanjet G2710, has not worked since macOS Sierra was installed. The scanner scans and you can clearly see the result of the scan in the scan window but if you try print you get an entirely black page or black and stripes. 

I have tried myriad scan settings to see if that helps. PDF, Jpeg, GIFF and TIFF

If you try and save a popup appears to say: "An error has occured when saving file because it could not be witten to. Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only."

This message is complete nonsensicle. 

After reading this post I have un-installed and re-installed twice. Including the update - HP-Scanjet-Update-for-OS-X-10.7 - I have changed cables to the scanner and have downloaded HP Easy Scan and all to no avail.

HP Easy Scan does not appear to reconise the Scanjet G2710 - As there is a drop down menu that says "No Scanner Selected" that does not lead anywhere even though my Mac can shake hands with the scanner.

I have tried Apple's Image Capture. Also does not see the scanner.

HP appears to have abdicated the problem as they do not appear to have any sort of solution or want to help unless you pay.

I dispair.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Officejet 8600 Pro.  One solution is to go to the Apple menu>Preferences>Printers & Scanners then select Scan>Open Scanner.  From there you can scan to the computer.  This is at least a work around until HP fixes the software.

HP Recommended
Hi Hmorgan,

This does *not* work for the HP Scan issue: impossible to save. My work-around was to print to PDF.
HP Recommended

I found a workaround.  Open up the scanner screen, then click "HP Scan" on top menu bar, then Preferences, then click the Scan to Computer icon, then select Save as PDF, then Click the Test button.  The next screen shows the scanned file with a default name in the default save folder.  After that you can rename the file.

HP Recommended

I'm not looking for a workaround. I'm looking for a solution. The Scan to Computer feature enabled you to scan directly from the scanner front panel itself to the computer, without any interaction required in the Mac. HP apparently has not released software compatible with macOS Sierra yet, as clicking Scan to Computer simply directs you to download software from HP (which dies nit work - the drivers just are not there.) I can scan from the computer as a workaround, but again, that's not what I'm looking fir. But thanks.

HP Recommended

Cirious enough but in my case the "scan to computer" from the printer works. The issue is more when scanning from the computer using HP scan: there the button to save is gereyed. Same issue if I use the Apple scanning tool fro the preferences.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem.

NOW solved by uninstalling the printer from System Prefs, then reinstalling it,

making sure it is NOT set to AIRPRINT driver but printer driver for the model of your printer.

Then go to the printer settings via its IP address and enable 'WEBSCAN'.

HP Scan 4.0.x then works fine.

This was from a web search today. Sorry poster forgot your handle.

HP Recommended

@NIKBEX wrote:

Hi,

I had the same problem.

NOW solved by uninstalling the printer from System Prefs, then reinstalling it.

NIKEX, I am puzzled: can you verify that you can indeed *save* the result of the scans when using HP Scan on the computer? In my case, and as others have reported in HP forums, the dialog box for choosing the save destination as a greyed button that cannot be pressed to actually cplete the saving!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.