Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning

HP ENVY Photo 6255 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My scanner stopped working through HP Smart. I tried the Print/Scan Doctor software, but it does not seem to help.  The HP smart says that the Printer status is unknown. I tried re-installing the printer but this did not help. I noticed that the IP address for the printer is off by one digit from the IP address of the printer listed. I can print from my laptop via wireless printing. I can sometimes scan using the scan shortcut although it is unreliable. Is there a way to fix this? If so what steps do I take. 

The software did work previously and then one day it didn't. I am not sure if a update mess this up. Thanks in advance for any help. 

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
12,143 11,835 1,192 2,690
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

This resource will be useful:

HP Envy Photo 7855 | 7155 | 6255 Connect Printer Wirelessly Download & Install Software

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation