cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Set HP Scan profile to start scanning in the middle of scanning area

HP Recommended
Windows 7

I am trying to use the HP Scan app that came with my All in One unit to scan parts of multiple pages to JPG files. The software does not seem as flexible as previous offerings in regards to saving profiles.

Ideally i want to save a profile for a JPG file with the start position of the scan at a position which isn't the top right hand corner of the scan area.

e.g. scan an area of 6" x 4" at 200dpi with a starting position of x=2", y=3" (ie somewhere in the middle of the scanning area)

It's those x and y co-ordinates that the software appears to be unable to set. Ideally, I don't want to have to manually crop each page.

I can see settings are saved to a ScanApp.ini file in the user profile. A typical entry looks like this:-

[SCAN_PROFILE_9]
ProfileNameENU=CD Label
UserCreated=true
PixelType=6147
Resolution=200
Brightness=0
Contrast=0
PageType=1000
CustomWidth=55000
CustomHeight=50000
CustomUnits=0
ShowPreview=false
EnableDuplex=false
ContentType=0
AutoCrop=false
AutoDeskew=false
ScanOptimizeQuality=true
SaveToMultiPageFile=false
FileFormat=1
ShowFileOption=true
FileSaveQuality=100
OCRLanguage=1033
ScanDestination=0
BaseFileName=scan
SaveFolder=c:\scans
ShowSaveAsDialog=false

So, my question is -  are there any other x and y start position values I can insert into the settings above and if so what keyword or format should they be in?

Or is there another way of acheiving what I need?

thanks for any help.

[Using Windows 7 (32bit), HP Photosmart 5520 and the latest "full feature" software pack - "HP Scan"]

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 342 890
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MatthewB2 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

The scanning options for this unit and the HP software are pretty standard.

If you want to do any customized scans or change the settings in a way to scan just part of an image, you would either have to crop the image every time or use a third party scanning software ( you would have to look on line to find a scanning software that would support your needs).

Thank for your time.

Cheers,  :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try adjusting the following for the scan profile you're using:

ScanAreaLeft=0
ScanAreaTop=0

ScanAreaWidth=8500
ScanAreaHeight=14000

Note 1 inch equals 1000.

It would be helpful if HP would document the format of this file.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation