Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 1536dnf MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I want to receive a fax directly to my computer, I read this article that it says I need to set up the HP digital fax.

The below description is given for setting digital fax:

Search Windows for your printer model name and number, and then click the name in the search results. Depending on your printer, HP Printer Assistant or HP Solution Center opens.
  • In Printer Assistant, click the Print, Scan & Fax tab, and then click Digital Fax Setup Wizard.
  • In Solution Center, click Settings > Fax Settings > More Fax Settings > Digital Fax Setup.
Follow the on-screen instructions for the selected setup type. To see if your printer supports additional Digital Fax options, look in the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel.

I have neither of Printer assistant and Solution center in my pc and after a bunch of searches, I wasn't able to find them.
 I have downloaded and installed the latest full feature drive of my printer from HP driver center and none of them come with these softwares.

how can I handle this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AminJabari

Welcome to the HP support community.

You can send a fax from HP smart app on your windows computer.

Here are the steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response @Sandytechy20

As I mentioned above,  I have a problem with receiving faxes directly on my computer, not sending them.

I also read the manual of my printer about receiving fax to my computer:

Set the product to send received faxes to a computer
Receiving faxes to a computer is available only if a full software installation was performed during initial
product setup.
To receive faxes to your computer, turn on the receive-to-PC setting in the software.
1. Open HP ToolboxFX.
2. Select the product.
3. Click Fax.
4. Click Fax Tasks.
5. Under Fax Receive Mode, select Receive faxes to this computer.
6. To receive notification that a fax has been received to the computer, select the Display a message
when a fax is received to this computer
option.
7. Click the Apply button.

So, I uninstall the printer's previous driver and installed the latest driver again. Unfortunately, the HP toolbox FX that came with the driver's package didn't install properly on my system (Windows 10), and so it didn't run.

In another attempt, I installed HP Support Assistant, but it doesn't have any options for installing HP Digital Fax or helping with receiving fax to my computer.

hp suppert assistant environment.png

So, the problem persists and I still can't receive faxes on my computer.

HP Recommended

@AminJabari

This might require remote access of your computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.