Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have an HP 8600. Cannot scan to network folder on Windows 10 Pro (not joined to a domain. In a stand alone network). Created a share and gave everyone full control of share. Also added a user i created. Yes password is correct. Also tried with my account which is a local admin on PC.

I see many posts with people unable to scan to share from HP 8600 officejet without a resolution.

Printer will not scan to share. When I run the test it says Printer cannot connect to server. I have tested share. It is available through file explorer so path is correct. Can connect from other PC's on same network. This used to work in Windows 7 but since moving to Windows 10 cannot get it to work. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HAd to enable SMB 1.0 in programs and features -> turn on windows feature -> SMB 1.0 CIFS Server -> reboot PC.

Works now 

HPFix.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HAd to enable SMB 1.0 in programs and features -> turn on windows feature -> SMB 1.0 CIFS Server -> reboot PC.

Works now 

HPFix.PNG

HP Recommended

Had exactly the same problem with Windows 10 (up to date) - worked OK in Windows 7 and also using a Windows 8.1 Laptop. Brilliant solution - worked a treat. Very many thanks indeed!

HP Recommended

SD2004 - Perfect solution and fixed my exact issue!  Had to take the time to sign up here just to thank you! 🙂

HP Recommended
Thanks for the solution. It works. I've been struggling with this issue for days. Unfortunately, turning on SMB 1.0 is NOT recommended as it is one of the vulnerabilities for the WANNABE virus. I turned it back off and sure enough, the HP won't scan to computer any more. HP needs to provide a better solution.
HP Recommended

I never reply to these sort of things... but I had to in this case.  This was EXACTLY the right solution for my issue.  I had been fighting this problem for a VERY long time and just stumbled upon this post.   The options I had in Programs and Features were not exactly the same as what showed on the posted screenshots, but I enabled all of the SMB features and this now works!  Thanks for posting this!

HP Recommended

Only this solution has worked and explained in an understandable manner. Many Thanks, Sincerely, Bill

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.