Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SECOND UPDATE - I exchanged as mentioned on below update and then same problem continued again on the exchanged one. I have read a lot of forums and this seems to be a common problem with this model. I mentioned this to HP Support and they said Yes they are aware of it and are trying to fix it in the 'back end' but it doesn't happen with every scanner in this model (I got unlucky I guess.... twice).  They said that they couldn't help further but would have someone from Support contact me during business hours on the next Business day. By this stage as you can appreciate I had lost all confidence in HP and didn't have anymore time to waste on a brand new printer/scanner that didn't scan properly from the moment of purchase. I took it back for a second time the next day and exchanged for another brand, spent $50 more but that's ok it's worked as soon as it was setup with full functionality. It's a shame because I really liked the print quality and apart from the scanner producing crooked scans it was great. 

UPDATE - Printer returned and exchanged, deemed as faulty.

Scans ans are skewed/crooked everytime. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I seem to fix it last night but now today it has gone back to producing skewed/crooked scans. I dont see an option to fix skewed/crooked scans on the HP Smart desktop app under scans either. Can anyone please help would be greatly appreciated. I only bought it this week. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Loue19

Welcome to HP support community.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Align the printhead

1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Align Printhead, and then touch Continue.

An alignment page prints.

Example of the printhead cleaning test page

4. Open the scanner lid, place the alignment page on the scanner glass, and then touch Scan. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.

The printer scans the alignment page, and an Alignment Successful message displays on the control panel.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy Thanks for your reply. This was a brand new purchase. I did all the checks including your suggestion several times. I then spent 7 hours in total with HP support over the weekend. They also tried but in the end said my printer was faulty and to exchange it. So I did and then same problem continued again on the exchanged one. I have read a lot of forums and this seems to be a common problem with this model. I mentioned this to HP Support and they said Yes they are aware of it and are trying to fix it in the 'back end' but it doesn't happen with every scanner in this model (I got unlucky I guess.... twice).  They said that they couldn't help further but would have someone from Support contact me during business hours on the next Business day. By this stage as you can appreciate I had lost all confidence in HP and didn't have anymore time to waste on a brand new printer/scanner that didn't scan properly from the moment of purchase. I took it back for a second time the next day and exchanged for another brand, spent $50 more but that's ok it's worked as soon as it was setup with full functionality.

HP Recommended

@Loue19

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

I received your PM and it wouldn't allow me to respond said I had reached my PM limit.... I can't provide the Product or serial number of both machines because as per my feedback both machines were returned to place of purchase. I can provide you with screens shots of the Whatts App HP Support conversation. HP advised first machine was faulty to take back and exchange, I did, the exchanged one also had the same problem as per my feedback so I took that back too and purchased another brand.

HP Recommended

@Loue19 The PM limit occurs when multiple PM's are sent at the same time, however, if you give it 15mins and post again, it works fine,

Also, if you need anything else, feel free to get back to us, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.