Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8710
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Have an HP office Jet Pro 8710

Can't scan - when I try to open the scanner I receive the message:

Software for "%@" failed to run. (-9927)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It really looks like those who are experiencing this issue are running older software signed with a certificate that expired today.

Please update your software using HP Easy Start.

1. Download HP Easy Start

2. Follow the prompts for setting up your printer.  When you get to the software download it will show whether the software needs updated or not.  If it does the box next to Printer Essentials will be checked by default and you just need to select the Install button.

The following should not be necessary but if you want to be extra diligent and guarantee a clean new install.

1. Download HP Easy Start

2. Open HP Easy Start and Select the HP Easy Start Menu in the macOS menu bar.  In this menu select Uninstall HP Software.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.04.26 PM.png

3.Select Continue to start the Uninstall process

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.04.40 PM.png

4. Once the uninstall completes.  Select Set Up New Device.

5. Go through the new device setup process by following the prompts.

6. This will lead to the software download/install prompt.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.08.35 PM.png

7. Select install and the remaining prompts to finish the process.

Edit:  Systems administrators and those unable to use HP Easy Start can use HP Easy Admin to download the software pkg files directly.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I have an older printer Officejet 4315 and  everything below is accurate for my computer (2015 iMac)  

I received the same message  as other users and though I downloaded HP Easy Start software  to re-install my drivers AND  it correctly identified my printer series it told me I could not use it to update my software, whose certificate, according to another message, expired yesterday!?   (Oct. 23, 2020) so I'm writing to say this solution did NOT work.

Software error for HP Officejet 4315 - Error message Software for "%@" failed to run. (-9927)

MacOS 10.14 Mojave

Can't scan - when I try to open the scanner I receive the message:

Software for "%@" failed to run. (-9927)

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this - the old "expired certificate" issue! Wish that users could be informed more systematically than having to go to HP Support site to discover that a bunch of HP users encountered the same error on the same date. Your solution worked perfectly.

MacOS: v. 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Computer: 2019 iMac 21"

Printer: HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP 475dn

HP Recommended

Glad it worked for you ---if you read carefully you'llse that it did NOT WORK for me. I'm still out of luck.

HP Recommended

This did not work and I did it 2 times! What is going on. I am not happy! I have the HP Deskjet F335 All in One. I went through all of the steps. Why are so many people having this issue the last 2 days?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.