06-14-2019 05:58 AM
Suddenly my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M281 won't scan. My Mac displays error code -9923 and says it can't communicate with my printer. But I can still print ... so, it is communicating....
06-17-2019 08:17 AM - edited 06-17-2019 08:20 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Try making a photocopy on the printer and check if that works.
- Which application do you use to scan?
Updating the printer firmware and Disabling IPV6 may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps:
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
There are 2 Ways to disable the IPv6 on your printer.
1. Though the control panel of the printer.
- From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Setup button.
- Scroll to and touch the Network Setup menu.
- Search for IPv6 config method and disable the same.
2. Though Web browser.
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your MAC.
- If you get any security notification, click on show details and 'proceed to this website'.
- Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
- Restart your printer and the Computer. Try Scanning.
Refer to this document to know different ways to scan from a MAC.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee