Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP MFP M476nw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm at my wits end with this problem...

having setup scan to email using an email address that no other machine uses we get occasional error messages saying "The connection to the SMTP server was lost. Please try again."

Having searched for an answer there are a few recommendations to change the port number. I've used all 3 port numbers available including SSL one for my email provider yet the error still occurs every 1-3 scan attempts.

The printer is connected by ethernet cable directly to a BT Home Hub fibre router and this problem never occurred on our old Lexmark printer. The latest Firmware has been updated

Are there any other recommendations to fix this problem? Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I too just ran into this exact problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?

HP Recommended

Did you guys find the solution? Please let me know.. I need your help.. 

Thank you..

HP Recommended

I never did do anything specific to resolve it. The printer just seems to have 'settled in' and very rarely does it fail to scan to email anymore. Make sure the Firmware is up to date and persist with it would be my experience

HP Recommended

Thank you for your respones. 
I updated firmware lastday.. but still same as before.. It makes me crazy.. 😞
we have two printers of HP.. and same SMTP sever.. one of printer is fine.. but the other one show us same messages always.. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.