Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Found the problem!  Went into my Apple settings and turned off the Firewall and reinstalled Easy Scan.  Works great!  Thanks for all of the time you spent trying to get me going.  I had been considering returning the printer and buying a different brand.  All is well now.  🙂

HP Recommended

@dmad1

That's great! Happy to hear that.  

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.  

Have a great day ahead!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm back.  My last post indicated I had found the problem.  After disabling the Firewall and not sure what else, I was able to scan several pages.  I turned the Mac off last evening but left the printer on.  This morning it would not scan again.  I am now getting 2 messages.  I still get the same on about the remote user and another one that just says Printer Error, try again.  Maybe I need to uninstall all the HP software and start over.  I can not find how to uninstall it.  Any help appreciated.  

HP Recommended

@dmad1

Follow this document HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac) for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Uninstalled all of the HP software for the new Laserjet M428fdw.  Went to my Apple application folder and opened Imagine Capture.  It now works great with the Mac software.  Lesson learned after 10 days of trying to get it to work with the HP software...

HP Recommended

@dmad1

That's great! Happy to hear that.  

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.  

Have a great day ahead!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This problem seems to be shared with a large number of buyers and users.  HP has a problem with it's software on this model if not more.  As an employee, you should have been made aware of this.  HP was about to lose a sale because I was going to return it and purchase another brand.  As I have mentioned, I have tried to get it to scan to my computer for 10 days and it would have been a simple fix if I had been informed up front.  I finally found a small statement that says do not install the HP software because the Macs already have it installed.  This should be stated in large print and the first thing you see if you have a Mac.  HP, you can do better...

HP Recommended

@dmad1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just removed HP SCAN and used the scan option from the OfficeJet Pro 8028 instead.   Finally!   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.