Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 6798
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem began suddenly. I go through the scanning porocess, the scanner scans the document but before I can save it an error message appears: "There is a problem loading Smart Task". Asks you for OK twice and then the third time it says to try later. When I type OK, the screen freezes and will not reset.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Valentine37

Welcome to the HP Support Community

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is the copy working fine?

Let's run HP print and scan doctor to resolve the scanning issue.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03286146 to download and Run HP Print and Scan Doctor.

As an alternate solution.

You can also use HP Smart App.

The HP Smart app includes tools to print, scan, check ink levels, and set up your printer on a wireless network.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142 for Using the HP Smart App.

Or

You can use the HP Scan and Capture.

Use the HP Scan and Capture app to scan photos or documents from your printer or computer camera.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206 for Using the HP Scan and Capture App.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I tried to uninstall and Install HP Smart to no avail. The problem persists and I cannot access my scans.

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem since last week although HP Smart worked with no problems prior to that. I tried the Scan Doctor, re-installing the software and all the other solutions suggested on the help facility. Nothing can get HP Smart scan to work. I still get the "Can't start Smart Task" message even with Smart Task disabled. The only way I have managed to get scanning to work is to install HP Scan and Capture which has worked well so far.

HP Recommended

If you are having problems with the HP Smart app the new feature Smart Tasks

A new version of HP Smart has been released and uploaded to the Microsoft Store.

This version has fixes in for Smart Task problems.

To update the App

On the taskbar, select the Microsoft Store icon.
If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, select Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
Select More > Downloads and updates, and choose the Get updates button.

If you need more info on updating Windows Store apps please chack out this link

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Yeah, it finally works. I knew it was bug and not my problem on my end. Now I can uninstall all the HP printer drivers and software and use the store app.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.