Debie123 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to Fax Using HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 without a landline

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 All in One

All of our computers are now run through a router.  We have no land line.  The fax machine that we have is new within 2-3 years so it has wireless/bluetooth capabilities.  When we had a land line, we could run the phone cable through the printer and send faxes. 

Now, I am receiving conflicting information.  I found that a.) we can fax using our wireless set up; b.) we can fax if we manually connect the fax to the router with a ethernet cable; c.) we can't do it at all without a landline; or d.) we can do it but the fax needs to be scanned into our computer and sent from the computer.  

Two questions:  1. Can we fax WITHOUT a land line using a router and 2. Can this be done on the fax machine itself or do we need to scan the documents and fax via computer?  

If we can fax, could someone please let me know how this should be configured?

Thanks all for your help!!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
77,453 76,865 9,439 20,418
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to Fax Using HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 without a landline

@Debie123 

Please try the following setup

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-send-a-wireless-fax-on-an-hp

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation