Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

scanner error.gif

Wont scan to Darwin (my computer-Lenovo), printer is working.  Scan Doc did not help either.  Just went to scan yesturday and it was not connected.

😞

Have tried the forum fixes but no joy :(.

Thanks for any help.....

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@CBUSA

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting network scanner connection error. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Restart devices and check driver scan settings.
  • Check the network and printer connection status.
  • Run the Print and Scan Doctor.
  • Uninstall the printer software.
  • Reinstall the HP software.
  • Check Windows Image Acquisition settings.
  • Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The scanner worked fine for me also, but in the last weeks I received the "unable to communicate with the scanner" message, in spite of all advice on this website. Turning Windows defender off did not help - presumably because old settings remain in memory -- but clicking "allow an app through firewall", "change settings"  and allowing both privately and publicly the five (!) copies of "HPSAPS" appeared to help. The first sign that this was the correct way was that the FIX-scanner module in the HP help tools recognized the correct nickname that was given to the 8720 printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.