Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried several previous suggestions but still am unable to click "Send a fax" to originate a fax from my computer.  A fax can be sent using the 4650 screen and inputting the fax number.

Any suggestions??

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi @deaconjon,

Installing a compatible fax driver may resolve the issue. Download and install the HP Fax driver from here. Once you install the driver, open the document you want to fax, click File > Print > Printer, select the printer that includes 'Fax' in the name (Example: Fax - HP OfficeJet 4650), and then click Print to open the Send Fax window where you enter the fax number and make settings and preferences changes.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After down loading and installing the HP fax driver, I am still unable to fax from my computer.

When I click on "Send a fax" nothing happens.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@deaconjon

Would you be able to send me a screen shot of the window with the "Send a fax" button.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried using the snipping tool, but it would not let me paste to this box.

HP Recommended

@deaconjon

First, save the snipped image and attach it as a picture.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screen shot is attached.

Capture.4650.GIF

HP Recommended

@deaconjon

Try following the steps below:

1. Open the document you wish to send using any application.
  2. Choose the option to print, usually located under “File” > “Print” or  Android menu button > “Print“.
  3. Switch the printer to the “Fax – HP Officejet 4650” option.
  4. Select “Print” or “OK“.
  5. Enter the phone number you wish to send the document to, then select “Send Fax“.

Let me know if this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, the "Fax – HP Officejet 4650" is not an option in the printer selection menu.  I guess the question is: how do I install that option?

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

@deaconjon

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers 

Download and install the latest driver from here

Once the printer is installed you should have the fax driver setup, follow the steps that I previously mentioned to send a fax.

Let me know if this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.