Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Thanks for you help, but it did not solve the problem.

Fist of all I have uninstalled my old software and installed the new software for Windows 10 (AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe), after terminating resident programs, deleting temporary files, etc.

Since the problem persists (for example, with Photoshop I can only scan one page and afterwards I must exit the program an close the HP 7310 and turn on again the HP 7310 and run again Photoshop to scan next page, etc.), I have tried to follow the new suggested instructions.

Solution one: Restar the computer, product and router. It works, but I am not willing to do this after each page I want to scan.

Solution two, step one and two: Scan from the Embedded Web Server. It works, but then I can not use program like Photoshop or Acrobat to scan, I cannot select the area of the page I want to scan, etc.

Solution two, step three: Try scanning from the control panel. In the conrol panel an error message appears saying (I am translating from Spanish): "without scanning options. You have to install or run the HP software for this function"

Solution three: Chek the firewall settings. The Window 10 Firewall displays all the programs on the list as trusted or allowed programs, for private and public nets.

The only solution I have found for the moment is to throw away the HP 7300 all-in-one and to buy a escanner of another  make.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.