Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Scanjet Pro 3500 F1
macOS 10.12 Sierra

HI,

I've recently updated my OS to Sierra 10.12.2 but I am no longer able to scan since I updated.  Once I click on the scan button I get a message to say 

Scanner reported an error

HPScanJet Pro 3500 f1 is currently unavailable.  Please check to see if it turned on and connnected etc etc.

I'm using the HPEasyScan App on my mac.  Interesting that if I plug out the USB cable from the mac then the scanner reports on it's own screen that there is a USB error.  Once I plug it back in the error disappears.  It seems like that the scanner recognises when the mac is connected but I am unable to scan.

Any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello all, 

I am sorry this issue has been going on for so long.

If you have not done so alreay please update to macOS 10.12.3.

Also. there is a newer version of HP Easy Scan than is currently on the App Store.

You can download it here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_8...

Please give this a try and see if it will resolve your issue.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I have the same problem: Each time I start HP Easy Scan I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB-cable to have the image of the scanner show in upper left corner. When I try to scan I get the message, in translation from Swedish "The scanner reported an error. HP ScanJet Pro 3500 f1 is not available at the moment. Check that it is turned on and connected or make another try later."

I'm waiting for a software uptade.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too.  I've tried uninstalling everything and installing first via HP Easy Start application, then the HP Easy Scan app on the App Store, but to no avail.

Clearly a driver is needed as the one on the HP Support website only supports up to macOS 10.11 (which I'd previously used and was working fine on 10.12.

HP Recommended

Same problem here. Does not work with macOS Sierra. Just bought the printer but it does not work. Very frustrating.

HP: Do you you when the next update might be available?

HP Recommended

Has anyone found a solution? I can see that the problem started last year. I am in the UK and it appears impossible to contact any HP help directly. Really bad.

HP Recommended

Hi @cg99

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues scanning from your Mac computer.

I’d love to help!

You can download the HP easy scan app and you should be able to scan without any issue. Refer to below article for more information.

http://hp.care/2ffHTph

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is this problem already solved for you guys with this suggestion of The_Fossette? For me it isn't. It's possible to download the HP Easy Scan app, but you still need to have a Scann Driver installed on your Mac. And this isn't possible while the driver is only usefull for OS 10.11 or earlier. So I think we're still waiting for a software update of HP, but it takes a little bit long isn't it?

HP Recommended

The issue is still present.  None of the "solutions" that have been provided on this forum or via the HP Live Chat work.  The drivers are still not compatible with Sierra and HP point the blame at Apple (and tell me to get drivers from them) and vice versa.

As HP produce the product, you'd think they would provide the correct driver updates.  At the moment, whilst I wait for HP to sort this once and for all, my *new* scanner (which I paid almost £250 for) is sat gathering dust and I'm forced to use an app on my phone to scan!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Goes14

Thank you for posting back.

I would like to know the exact model and product number of your printer/Scanner to provide you a more accurate solution.

Looking forward to your reply.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @thegaffer

Thank you for posting back.

I would like to know the exact model and product number of your printer/Scanner to provide you a more accurate solution.

Looking forward to your reply.

Take care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.