Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) today, 8/4/19, on my DELL computer and now my computer will not print or scan.  The computer will not wirelessly connect to the printer but I can print from my iphone.  I have tried all of the trouble shooting offered by hp and have not been able to resolve it.  It seems that every time Windows updates, I run into some sort of disconnect with the hp printer.  It is very frustrating. 

I do not know if this has anything of importance, but I noticed that the IP address identified by my printer, is not the IP address coming up on the print screen when I go to print.  I have only one printer, so I know it is defaulted to the right printer.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@DapBeno

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This did not work.  I actually still have the installation disk and tried this on my own before seeking out help on this site.  It is stopping at the point where it says it cannot find the printer.  I have had this problem before with a Windows update.  It is really frustrating that I have a working hp that is not cooperating with Windows.  Since it is an older model, no one will speak to me to help me...and I'm sure this is a simple fix...  If you have any further things for me to try, I would appreciate it.

HP Recommended

@DapBeno

Did you try the Root level uninstall before reinstalling the drivers?

If the issue persists, please perform the root level uninstall as instructed above and install the printer using the Windows Built-In driver

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed each step, and did everything it asked of me in the order it came up for me to do it.  Honestly, I do not recall what I did at what point...I just know I followed the steps in the order they were given.  If the order you are saying I should have followed is the order in which it presented, then yes, I did.  If they are not presented in that order, then I guess I didn't.  I'm sorry.  I'd have to do it all again to make note if the Root level uninstall happened before reinstalling the drivers.  So, let me try that.  I guess it can't hurt since nothing was fixed the first time around.  

HP Recommended

I cannot access the root level uninstall steps to do them before reinstalling the program.  They must be listed as an option to try after the re-installation of the printer.  For me to conduct the root level uninstall first, I'll need those steps sent to me.   Can you send me directions on how to do the root level uninstall before I reinstall the printer? 

HP Recommended

@DapBeno

The steps to perform a root level uninstallation has been published in one of the previous post, Follow these steps to perform a root level uninstallation:

Clean uninstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

These are these same steps I have already been sent.  I have tried these steps multiple times and it is not working.  

HP Recommended

Hello Krazy Toad. 

I was able to try installing it in the order you asked about.  After choosing my printer to be installed, I am getting the same message as before:  Unsuccessful Network Installation...The printer was unable to be installed over the network.

Do you have any further recommendations for me to try?

HP Recommended

@DapBeno

Please download and run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from this Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.