Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

When I get to Step 2, and it attempts to "Connect a new printer."  I get the same message as before (Unsuccessful Network Installation...The printer was unable to be installed over the network.) and can't go forward with the remaining steps.  

HP Recommended

@DapBeno

• Do you have any Anti-virus software installed on your PC?
  • How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
  • Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • Also, check with your Internet service provider if there are any updates available for the router.

If the PC is able to detect the printer on the network, you may try installing Windows Built-in drivers and check if that helps.

Refer to this document to know how.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called my internet service provider.  I went through the list of things to check and was told this is not an issue from their end since I can send wireless print jobs to my printer using my phone.  I have tried everything hp has suggested.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and followed the suggestions given to me multiple times but I receive the same message "Unsuccessful Network Installation - The printer was unable to be installed over the network."   I feel I need to restate that my printer and computer were working together wirelessly...no problems what so ever...before the Windows update I installed on 8/4/2019.  Something happened with that Windows update to stop my computer from communicating wirelessly with my printer. 

There has to be a simple fix that we have not hit on just yet.  I truly appreciate all of the help I am being given through this hp community, but this would be so much easier and time efficient if someone would just call me and help me work through this in real time.  I have been a loyal hp customer for years and I feel when there are issues like this, the live support needed is not offered unless you have a brand new printer.  

HP Recommended

I was able to make contact with an hp rep in person this morning.  He said Windows updates remove printer drivers.  He tried to reinstall my hp printer driver and then a generic Windows driver...neither worked to get my printer installed.  Said the Windows update must have corrupted a file on my computer.  Recommended first doing a reset to remove the Windows update from 8-4-2019 (I believe there was another update on 8-8-2019, but the 8-4 update is when the problem started) and disabling automatic updates from Windows.  If I still can’t get the printer installed, he recommended as a last resort, a system restore.  He recommended I contact DELL.  Any comments on these findings?

HP Recommended

I had a similar problem with my officejet3830 series printer, I have been on remote connect with two different people from Microsoft for 45 minutes each and they could not get the printer to work. I followed the instructions that were given to you, finally the printer is working. thanks for the help, greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Well I'm glad it all helped someone.  😉   My ending is not so happy...I ended up giving up!  I gave it my all for three miserable weekends in a row.  I have never encountered a problem that could not be resolved...but this one won!  I uninstalled my hp for the last time and did the reset to my computer that was recommended uninstalling and reinstalling Windows.  I am hoping I do not encounter this again with my next printer.  

Curious, exactly which instructions did you follow that ended up working?  There were many given.  

HP Recommended

@DapBeno

Its unfortunate that the issue still persists. Once you have completed the troubleshooting steps provided by the HP technician, let me know the status.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Like I said in my earlier email.  I tried everything I was asked to try...multiple times...and nothing worked.  I have given up after many frustrating hours.  Printer is uninstalled and disconnected.  

HP Recommended

@DapBeno

Let us try these steps to resolve the issue:

Restart your network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer.

Reset the network settings on the printer and reconnect to the network.

1. On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network menu > Restore Network Defaults.
  2. Go back to the Network menu and print Wireless network test report and check if the wireless radio is on/pass.
  3. Now under the Network menu, run Wireless Setup Wizard > choose your network, put in the password.
  4. The blue wireless light will be steady once connected to the network.
  5. Check what the IP address of the printer is, share the same on your next post.

Print a test page:

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Go to tools > print test page.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I’m done.  The printer is uninstalled and disconnected.  My time is worth more to me than this printer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.