Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a vertical line on images scanned with the automatic document feeder (ADF) but there is no line when copying either on the glass or using the ADF, nor is there a line when scanning on the glass.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/HP-Officejet-Pro-8620-is-showing-a-black-l... provides a suggested solution but the scanner mechanism on my MNP does not appear to be similar to the 8620.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Mel_Orecklin

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you trying to scan from the software or the Printer's screen?

Let's try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Change the scan settings with HP MFP Scan on HP Laser MFP and Color Laser MFP printers.

1. Load the document or photo you want to scan.

2. Search Windows for HP MFP Scan, and then click HP MFP Scan to open the software.

3. Click Advanced Scan, and then click Image Scanning or Document Scanning.

4. Adjust the scan settings.

• Under Image Type, select True Color, Grayscale, or Black & White.

• Click More Options to make changes to other available scan settings.

• Under Resolution, click the drop-down menu, and then select a desired resolution.

NOTE: 

Increasing the resolution improves scan quality but increases scanning time and file size.

5. Click Scan.

The printer scans the document or photo, and a scan preview displays.

6. Use the editing column on the left to make additional edits, such as contrast, rotation, and cropping.

7. Type a file name under Name.

8. Under File Format, click the drop-down list, and then select the desired format, such as JPEG or PDF.

9. Under Save to Location, select a location on your computer to save the file, and then click Save.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty.  Thank you for taking the time to respond, unfortunately the suggestions did not work.

-  The firmware upgrade worked fine. 

-  The program I use to scan is "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277\bin\HPScan.exe", which I am hoping is correct. 

-  The resulting scan still has a vertical line.  I wanted to attache the scan but don't see how this is done.

Hope you can provide further suggestions.

HP Recommended

Try doing the scan from Feeder from the printer's control panel and let me know if the same issue occurs 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The scan still has a vertical line when using the ADF to a USB key.  There is no line if the scan is from the glass.

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you get a vertical line when only using the ADF, it's usually due to a piece of paper/dirt trapped on the skinny window under the ADF!

Open the scanner, and examine the thin window at the edge of the larger flat glass.  Look at the area where the line appears.  Blow air, or use a soft rag to remove anything there...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.